“What we Strive for is, What we’re not. Look at An Apple tree which strives to be a full fledged Apple tree, bears leaves, tries to be a fully grown Apple tree and bears gift of Apple fruits. An Apple Tree Doesn’t strive to be a Mango Tree. Every Creatures Likewise tries to be full of what they’re. Only We Human Don’t know how to fully strive to being Human” – Keya
Your Career shouldn’t be the Purpose of your life. A Person Wants to be a Doctor or an Engineer, Scientist or Musician, Writer or a Poet. And once the person reaches his Goal he must be striving to make more money or higher Status.
For an Example :Doctors, on average, are also paid well, and have positions of high status. A sign of living happily. You’re Perfect Now. But, in essence Excellence is the very opposite of Perfectionism. Perfectionism is losing your true self in the demands of society, and trying to emulate a person who is not you and whom you can never become. Excellence, on the other hand, is becoming the centre of your own universe, and from that grounded, centred position, shining your light into the world by using your unique talents.
I’ve found Six Practises to implement to strive Full Human. These are:
- Accept The Hardship: All life demands struggle, including an Earthworm, a bird, King of Jungle Lion to an Ant. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person to become full fledged Human.
- Someone will Always Have More Than You: It doesn’t matter what I achieve in life, someone, somewhere will always have more than we do. Someone will always be smarter, stronger, and will have more money. The minute you figure that out, you will be a happier person.
- Everything Happens For a Reason: This is a hard one for me too. It is a hard one for anyone really. No one really knows why things happen. I have to believe it is all part of a bigger plan. Why do people get sick? Why do people die? Why do relationships end? Why are we here? Why are we dealt a bad hand? Truthfully, only one person can answer that question. Breathe. Enjoy life.
- Trying to Control The Uncontrollable: I am an anxious person. I am always trying to find out how I can control a situation. You know, I can’t. It is going to happen regardless. If I have sleepless nights over losing a job because of a bad economy, then I have wasted energy. If you are religious/Spiritual, you will trust that things will just have a way of working themselves out.
- Treating Every Day Like It is Your Last: The one thing that is certain in this life is that we will Embrace every moment. Treasure friendships that are meaningful. Spend time with the ones that mean the most to you. Do things that this wonderful world has to offer. Your judgement day will come one day. It may come sooner than you think 🙂
- Showing Compassion: When they make mistakes or hurt you. Instead, try to put yourself in their shoes, and think…
“Excellence” is the gradual result of always striving to do better.