Sometimes choosing rare and tough path gives freedom of fear -keya
Ultimately, this is what Maslow refers to as the key to happiness in life. This is the final stage where one would feel the ultimate life satisfaction and will be able to realize one’s potential at work. According to him, this is a rare occasion; less than 1% of adults actually attain this level of enlightenment.
Moisturizers, night creams, face packs, peel off masks, toners, massage creams, scrubbers and gels; everything is stacked up on your dressing table. Have I left out something ladies? These are all, right? We use these beauty products to get that wonderful glow. But needless to say, nothing has worked out yet. We keep wondering how on earth these Celebrities manage to keep the glow of their skin on for years. Magic or expensive cosmetics? No, the name of the magic is yoga. Yoga is the answer to all physical, mental and spiritual development.
“Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” ― Voltaire
Why are you so afraid of silence? Silence is the root of everything. If you spiral into its void, a hundred voices will thunder messages you long to hear. ~Rumi
KEY BENEFITS OF MEDITATION:
- It lowers oxygen consumption.
- It decreases respiratory rate.
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Good for people with high blood pressure as it brings the B.P. to normal.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Decreases muscle tension (any pain due to tension) and headaches.
- Builds self-confidence.
- It increases serotonin production which influences mood and behaviour. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies , arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre- menstrual Syndrome.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Enhances the immune system. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of ‘natural-killer cells’, which kill bacteria and cancer cells
- Also reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
According to a fascinating New York Times article, researchers have shown that daily meditation-like thought can shift brain activity toward “positive emotional states…that make us more likely to engage the world rather than to withdraw from it.”♡